Maxguard GT NTRL HF is a colourless tooling gelcoat based on special vinyl ester resin.
The HF version is suitable for manual application.
- The temperature of all materials and tools should be within the range of 18 – 25°C. If the temperature is too low, the gelcoat will not cure properly. The uncured gelcoat (also due to the addition of too little hardener or too thin a layer) will cause many subsequent defects on the surface.
- The gelcoat must be gently mixed in its original packaging before use.
- Cast the required amount of gelcoat into a replacement, clean vessel, add 2.0% hardener (MEKP) and mix thoroughly.
- The brush version (HF) should be applied in 2 layers.
- Apply the gelcoat thoroughly with a brush, in an even layer without dripstones and bubbles. The second layer may only be applied after the first has been cured (the surface sticks to the finger but does not dirty anymore) after a minimum of 3 hours and a maximum of 6 hours.
- The layer of hardened gelcoat should be approx. 0.8 mm thick.