- For production use materials resistant to the styrene action,
- For production use materials resistant to the raised temperature action,
- Use high quality release agent.
The form may be produced directly from the model or:
Model — Master Model — Model — Mould — Element
Low peak exothermic AROPOL XO allows for building the mould with materials with low resistance to raised temperatures.
MAXGUARD GT tooling gelcoat
MAXGUARD GT is a tooling gelcoat produced on the basis of special vinyl ester resin. The base resin recipe ensures that the mould surface has good mechanical properties, high gloss and flexibility.
The following colours are available: GT green H/S, GT black H/S and GT NTRL H/S transparent.
As small nozzle and as low pressure as possible should be used for spraying.
Skin coat AME 6000 T35 vinyl ester
AME 6000 T35 is an accelerated, thixotropic, low-emission vinyl ester resin intended for the production of high quality moulds. AME 6000 T35 is characterized by:
- perfect moisturising of glass fibre,
- perfect resistance to osmosis,
- obtaining very good surface quality,
- obtaining laminate with high mechanical parameters,
- low emission of organic compounds (LZO).
- To obtain the best effect possible, the temperature of all materials and tools should range from 20 to 25°C.
- High quality hardener MEKP – 50 should be used in the amount of 1.5%.
- Commencement of laminating with XO resin should take place after the laminate hardens (2 – 3 hours).
AROPOL XO structural resin for mould construction
AROPOL XO is high quality resin for construction of moulds, containing the Low Profile (LP) supplements.
AROPOL XO means:
- A ready-for-use product, all that is required is adding the hardener,
- Easy to use product due to low viscosity.
- Minimum laminate thickness – wet to wet lamination amounts to 5 mm (4 x 450 g/m2).
- If the resin starts to gel, work should be interrupted and continued after the laminate hardens.
- The temperature of all materials and tools should range from 20 to 25°C.
- Glass content in the resin should range from 25 to 30 %.
- Rigidity, stability of the mould dimensions may be increased by heating up the mould (heat treatment improves the mould mechanical properties).
- The mould may be de-moulded after 24 hours.